1949
Foundation of the company M. & D. Gertner in Vienna by Danek and Marian Gertner

Founder of the company
Danek Gertner
(1919-2005)
Founder of the company
Marian Gertner
(1921-2000)
1959
Foundation of the daughter company Gertner, Fuhrmeister & Co. in Cologne dealing with sales and service of Soviet machine-tools in Germany.
1985
Foundation of a second daughter company in Cologne – “Gertner Service GmbH” exporting machine manufacturing technologies and know-how and providing technical and commercial consulting to Soviet plants.
1991
After the breakup of the Soviet Union the company reoriented its business and adapted to the new market conditions in Russia and the CIS countries. At this period the company develops actively.
2012
The company opens a representative office in Minsk
2015
Foundation of a joint venture in Tashkent
1956
The company becomes the general representative of Stankoimport for the whole range of Soviet machine-tools in Austria and starts to enter the markets of the Federal Republic of Germany and Switzerland. In parallel with its activities for the foreign trade organization V/O Stankoimport Gertner represents a number of well-known West European producers in the USSR.




1968
The company becomes the first Austrian enterprise obtaining an authorization of the USSR Ministry for Foreign Trade for opening an accredited representative office in Moscow.

Foundation of the daughter company Interagency AG in Zurich dealing with sales and service of Soviet machine-tools in Switzerland.
1989
The London “Financial Times” wrote about Gertner: “a company who has discovered the secret as to how one successfully do business in Moscow”.

Graduate Engineer
Alexander Gertner
President of GERTNERGROUP
1949
Foundation of the company M. & D. Gertner in Vienna by Danek and Marian Gertner

Founder of the company
Danek Gertner
(1919-2005)
Founder of the company
Marian Gertner
(1921-2000)
1956
The company becomes the first Austrian enterprise obtaining an authorization of the USSR Ministry for Foreign Trade for opening an accredited representative office in Moscow. In parallel with its activities for the foreign trade organization V/O Stankoimport Gertner represents a number of well-known West European producers in the USSR. The company becomes the general representative of Stankoimport for the whole range of Soviet machine-tools in Austria and starts to enter the markets of the Federal Republic of Germany and Switzerland.
1959
Foundation of the daughter company Interagency AG in Zurich dealing with sales and service of Soviet machine-tools in Switzerland.
1968
Foundation of the daughter company Gertner, Fuhrmeister & Co. in Cologne dealing with sales and service of Soviet machine-tools in Germany.
1985
Foundation of a second daughter company in Cologne – “Gertner Service GmbH” exporting machine manufacturing technologies and know-how and providing technical and commercial consulting to Soviet plants.
1989
The London “Financial Times” wrote about Gertner: “a company who has discovered the secret as to how one successfully do business in Moscow”.

Graduate Engineer
Alexander Gertner
President of GERTNERGROUP
1991
After the breakup of the Soviet Union the company reoriented its business and adapted to the new market conditions in Russia and the CIS countries. At this period the company develops actively.
2012
The company opens a representative office in Minsk
2015
Foundation of a joint venture in Tashkent